Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Future

Ok, I have 2 months until my cousins wedding. Until then, I will work out every day and eat super healthy because on that day, I want to look my best.

2 months go by...

Well, the day is here and I still look like crap. I worked out quite a bit, but looking back, I guess that pop every now and then didn't help. Oh, and all those nights I had a bowl of ice cream when I was still full from dinner. 

Sound familiar? There are many times that I do this to myself. I pick a goal and it is never reached. I look at the big picture, the grand scheme of it all, and feel like I can do it. Yet, the day comes and I am left looking at myself in the mirror, nothing changed.

Too often than not we focus on the end of our story and not the pages leading up to it. Take it week by week. Pledge to yourself that you will or will not do something this week. For example:

I will drink more water.
I will be active every day, even if it means walking around the block. Anything is better than nothing.
I will try one new recipe.
If I have to have a snack before bed, I will choose a fruit or veggie.
I won't beat myself up if I indulge in dessert. I will remember how guilty I feel and will have more self-control next time.
I will keep a food diary as I know it will hold me accountable and more aware of what I am putting in my body.

What do I do to take things week by week? I create a calendar. I write down what days I will run, lift, take a class, and bike. I write down my Herbalife shakes that I will have as well as what I will make for dinner. By creating this calendar, I don't get discouraged because I just live day by day. It is easier for me to stay focused on 5 days instead of 30 days.

This week I have pledged to not drink pop. I know that it is unhealthy and loaded with sugar, corn syrup, and other nasty ingredients that make my stomach jiggle and my thighs clap. 

What will you pledge this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment